Mediterranean-Inspired Salad w/ Baked Salmon & a Lemon Honey Tahini Dressing
Guys this mediterranean-inspired salad is the star of the show with this one, with the baked salmon playing a supporting role. And the dressing has become one of my go-to's (I seem to be putting it on everything lately!) It's quick and easy to throw together, loaded with flavor and low in calories. Give it a go and let me know how you liked it in the comments section below :).
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min
Total: 30 min
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
2 6 oz Portions Atlantic Salmon
2 c Wild Mushrooms - trimmed, quartered (Maitake, Oyster, Shimeji are my favorites, but whatever you have on hand will work)
1 c Artichoke Hearts - quartered (Whole Foods supplies some fantastic artichoke hearts that are compressed in water and are great quality)
1/2 c Toy Peppers - sliced into 1/4 in rings
1/3 c Kalamata Olives - halved
3 c Oak/Gem Lettuce
1 T Parmesan - grated
1 T Unsalted Butter
1/2 Lemon (Juiced)
2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 T Honey
3 T Tahini
1 Garlic Clove
1/2 c Water
3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
2 t Garlic Powder
2 t Onion Powder
1 1/2 T Canola Oil
Salt to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
- Heat pan over high heat.
- Once pan is hot, add 1 T oil. As soon as oil begins to smoke, add mushrooms.
- Sauté until tender (about 3 mins).
- Add toy peppers, artichoke hearts and kalamata olives.
- Turn heat down to low, add butter and 3-4 sprigs of thyme and gently cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove thyme sprigs and place in refrigerator to cool.
FOR THE SALMON:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Pat salmon dry and season with salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Bake flesh side up until cooked through, but still slightly opaque in center (7-10 mins).
FOR THE DRESSING (makes about 1 cup):
- Combine lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, water, tahini and garlic clove in blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning with salt to taste.
- Place lettuce in a bowl and toss w/ dressing and a pinch of salt.
- To create a layered salad: Place alternating oak and gem lettuces in your hand and place on plate. Place vegetable mixture on greens, then repeat 2 more timex (will create a 3-layer salad).
- Place salmon next to salad and finish with a grating of Parmesan cheese.